Franklin Ranch Recommends Trupanion Pet Insurance
Ask us about the 30 day Worry Free CERTIFICATE
One Simple Plan covers:
- Surgeries, diagnostic tests, medications and hospital stays if your pet gets sick or injured
- Hereditary and congenital conditions
- Therapeutic pet foods & dietary supplements carried by your veterinarian 
- Working pets (including service, therapy and breeding cats and dogs)
- Optional Rider: acupuncture, hydrotherapy, physical therapy, feline kidney transplants and behavioral modifications, training or therapy 
- Full coverage available at any veterinary clinic, emergency care center or specialty hospital
- Less the exam fee, optional deductible, and costs related to per-existing conditions
No Payout Limits
- No per incident limit, annual limit or lifetime limit on the amount of care your pet can receive
- No limits on hereditary or congenital conditions
Call 1-800-569-7913 or visit www.trupanion.com for more information
 In the US subject to regulatory approval in your state. Some conditions may apply
What is pet insurance?
Owning a dog or cat is a big commitment. It can mean a big financial commitment too. Pet insurance helps protect your pets if they ever become sick or injured. By reducing financial barriers, your veterinarian can provide the very best care for your pets based on the best medical decisions – not money. With advances in veterinary diagnosis and treatments, bills can easily mount up when there is an accident or illness. This is where pet insurance steps in. By paying a monthly premium you can be covered against these unexpected costs – that can easily run into thousands of dollars.
How does Trupanion’s certificate program work?
After your pet’s examination, ask the veterinary staff for a Trupanion certificate. Activation of the certificate provides you 30-days of Trupanion insurance coverage for your cat or dog. To activate the certificate just go online or give us a call within 24 hours of your pet’s veterinary exam. Certificate must be activated within 24 hours of a physical exam.
- Worry free guarantee, so pet owners can get to know the comprehensive Trupanion policy while they’re covered. If for any reason you want to cancel coverage, let TruPanion know within the first 30 days for a full refund.
- $35 savings – No enrollment fee with the certificate.
- The complete Trupanion policy for al new injuries and illnesses, including hereditary and congenital conditions.
- Immediate coverage begins without the standard waiting period of 5 days for injuries and 30 days for illnesses.
- 90% coverage of eligible treatments based on your actual bill, less the exam fee and deductible.
- No payout limits means no per condition, annual, or lifetime benefits.
What does Trupanion pet insurance cover?
Pet insurance is there for unexpected veterinary bills. It is not for routine care such as flea treatments or vaccinations. Instead it is designed to cover bills that come with accidents and illnesses that you cannot foresee. If your dog or cat already has a condition or has shown signs of a problem before you took out your insurance, you won’t be covered for that issue – but you will have coverage for conditions that arise in the future. Trupanion covers 90% of veterinary costs that arise from a pet getting sick or injured. We reimburse based on the actual cost a vet charges for diagnostic testing, surgeries, medications, hospitalization, supplements, therapeutic pet foods, orthotic devices, prosthetic devices, carts, and other treatments, less the exam fee, optional deductible and sales tax (where applicable). We encourage you to review our policy at TRUPANION.COM/PET-INSURANCE for full details.
Trupanion Frequently Asked Questions
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion Inc.
Underwritten by American Pet Insurance Company (USA) and Omega General Insurance Company (Canada)
How much does Trupanion pet insurance cost?
The amount that you pay depends on a few factors – whether you are insuring a dog or cat, how old they are at the time of enrollment, their breed, gender and where you live. You can also choose a deductible that suits you too and this will influence the price. To get a free quote, go to www.trupanion.com
Are there restrictions on the age of my pet?
You can enroll any cat or dog over 8 weeks and under 14 years of age. Once enrolled, your pet is eligible for lifetime coverage.
How does the deductible work?
A deductible is the amount of your veterinary bill for which you are responsible before we start to cover any veterinary medical expenses. A low deductible (you can even choose $0) will mean a higher premium. A higher deductible (up to $1000) will lower your monthly premium. Selecting the deductible that works for you, puts you in the drivers seat to choose what suits your circumstances and budget. Trupanion’s deductibles are per injury or illness, meaning that the deductible will apply to each accident or illness the pet develops. The deductible is only ever paid once per condition – so even if your dog or cat is diagnosed with a chronic illness that requires treatment for many years (diabetes, arthritis etc.), you will only have to pay the deductible once.
How do I make a claim?
When you take your pet in to have a veterinary visit due to an illness or accident, both you and your veterinarian should fill out a one-page claim form. The pet owner fills in Part A of the claim form and the attending veterinarian will fill in Part B. A fully completed claim form along with itemized invoices must be submitted within 90 days of the treatment date. You can submit your claim to us by fax or mail.